After giving it some thought I have decided to change the script I’m going to use from ‘The selfish cut’ to ‘The holding pattern’. I never really gave the holding pattern a chance to begin with because I am very easily put off things if I’m not immediately impressed or interested. I read the holding pattern again and got deeper into the script, understanding it better this time round, I feel it will be easier to create something more interesting with this because there’s more leverage to change things with its simplicity, its like a blank canvas in terms of script which has merely the outline and leaves me to fill in the blanks, blanks which will give it its identity and individuality in terms of filmmaking, directing and producing.
The script obviously focuses on immigration into Britain which is for some people a very important subject, I think our main character ‘Bogdan’ is represented in a very subjective view here, he is shown to be everything that no-one takes the time to learn about immigrants, he isn’t causing any trouble, he’s just existing, in a society that although hard, is probably miles easier than what he escaped from. He’s not out stealing jobs, or mugging old women for crack money, he’s just existing, writing emails, going swimming, sitting in the park.
Instantly I see this piece being very visually focused, with very little dialogue or music, a lot of diegetic sounds. The reason for this quietness is representative of our characters loneliness, he doesn’t appear to have any friends or family with him, he does everything alone and doesn’t complain about that, I see Bogdan being content with what he has, not complacent or greedy. With this film I’m going to create it in such a way that it might appear to be a promotional advert if you will, showing a side to him that goes against the stereotypes and prejudice that immigrants are labelled with in this country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment